Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Serve Those With Whom You Live

SERVICE

“My Lord, my God.” I cried in prayer.
My love for thee is great.
I want to show this love for Thee
before it grows too late

Is there nothing thou would need
Which I can freely give?
The spirit whispered back to me
“Serve those with whom you live.
“Serve those who live near by each day,”
The spirit calmed my heart
”Feeding lambs you know who stray
Would make a real good start.”
I thought of scripture stories true
to build my life a plan
“Through acts of gentleness and love,
you serve your fellow man.”
Daily, in the way He served,
Christ marked for us the way.
The prophets showed us service too,
In acts from day to day

Show service to my fellow man
while seeking not for praise
Is serving well my Father, God,
to him my thanks I’ll raise.
All I do and all I am are gifts from me to God,
With this in mind each day I live,
I’ll grasp the Iron Rod.






LoLyn Jacobs 12 9 99
To My Daughter, Lynae

No comments:

Post a Comment